Are you concerned that you won’t produce enough high-quality leads for your business? Why not try content marketing to build and produce more leads for your brand? Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing while producing three times as much revenue. The reality of marketing is that unless you provide something useful, no one will be interested in your product or service.
Who would refuse this content marketing strategy when it makes their brand more visible to the intended audience and produces more leads? According to 37% of marketers, finding high-quality leads was their biggest challenge. Finding and generating quality leads is how they gain from content marketing.
This blog provides guidance on developing content for generating leads.
- User-Generated Content Marketing – 5 Benefits
- Top 10 Content Marketing Statistics
- How to Use Content Marketing Analytics for Your Brand? – A Step-by-Step Guide
Table of Content
- What Is Content Marketing?
- What Is Lead Generation?
- Types of Lead Generation
- What Is Content Marketing for Lead Generation?
- Content Marketing for Lead Generation Statistics
- Difference Between Lead Generation and Demand Generation
- How to Use Content Marketing for Lead Generation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
What Is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic approach to creating valuable and relevant content that develops and promotes your brand and services with the target audience. Therefore, the primary objective of content marketing is to attract potential clients, which results in conversion, and financial success for the company.
The following are the criteria used for content marketing:
- Written content (case studies and blog posts)
- Video content
- Content marketing with infographics
- Email marketing
What Is Lead Generation?
Lead generation is the process of identifying potential clients who fit your target market. These customers will likely purchase your product, so you should attract them. The most popular way to represent this audience is with a pipeline.
Types of Lead Generation
Inbound and outbound lead generation are the two categories under which leads are generated.
Inbound Lead Generation
“The process of generating leads from website visitors is referred to as an inbound lead generation.” It includes lead nurturing, live chat, blogging, and content marketing.
Outbound Lead Generation
The target audience receives messages through outbound lead generation. Direct mail, display ads, and cold calling are all part of it.
What Is Content Marketing for Lead Generation?
Content marketing for lead generation refers to the practice of publishing content on your website that draws in qualified leads. This helps you complete the marketing funnel and plays an important role in your business development.
Content Marketing for Lead Generation Statistics
- Content marketing generates leads for 80% of B2B companies.
- Companies with blogs generate 67% more leads than companies without blogs.
- Companies publish 15 blogs per month on average, bringing in about 1200 new leads each month.
- The most effective social media channel for generating B2B leads is LinkedIn.
- For 53% of marketers, lead generation accounts for 50% or more of their budget.
- 85% of a B2B company’s lead generation is an important marketing goal.
Difference Between Lead Generation and Demand Generation
|The process of generating leads is based on campaigns that gather data on potential clients and turn them into leads.
|Demand generation is based on campaigns that create interest in your product and service.
|It converts the audience into qualified leads.
|It grows the audience by attracting new visitors.
|Examples include applications, blog posts, and online events.
|Examples include videos and webinars.
How to Use Content Marketing for Lead Generation
The steps for using content marketing for lead generation are listed below.
1. Research Your Audience
The most important factor to consider when creating content is whether it will appeal to your target audience. If this process is carried out improperly, leads won’t be attracted, or the wrong leads will be attracted. So, before starting your content, make sure you have an outline of your ideal customers. How can you understand your customers? To accomplish this, there are a few exercises.
You can complete the exercise using the information below:
- Biographical information includes name, age, gender, income, and occupation.
- What are their priorities? What are their objectives?
- What are their areas of struggle?
- What do they prefer, books or blogs?
- What are their major deterrents to buying your goods, according to them?
Using this information, you can easily learn about your ideal customers. But if you cannot find out who your target audience is, don’t worry. There are certain customer research tools to make this process easy for you.
Customers Research Tools:
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Facebook Audience Insights
- The Marketer’s Almanac
- Survey Gizmo
2. Select Your Content Types
When you talk about content, there are a lot of different content types available to you. But select the one that suits generating leads. So, plan to include at least two types of content to generate leads.
- Traffic Generating Content
- Lead Generating Content
What exactly is traffic-generating content?
Traffic-generating content is essential for attracting visitors to your website and expanding your following. You can’t produce leads unless you have traffic. Here are some traffic-generating content lists to boost your process:
- Blogs – This type of content is the basic component of any content strategy.
- Social Media Posts – These will assist in boosting visitors to your blog.
- Videos – Videos are the most attractive way to drive customers, and you may be familiar that YouTube is the second largest search engine.
- Podcasts – Sharing tips and experiences through your podcasts also helps to develop your brand.
- Infographics – It can easily attract the audience rather than in long-form articles.
What is lead-generating content?
Lead-generating content is written content that has been packaged into lead magnets, which are valuable resources you provide for free in exchange for a person’s email address. In order to produce leads, lead magnets must be used. As a result of people’s reluctance to give out their email addresses, you must offer a fantastic opportunity. Here are some lead-generating contents to utilize as lead magnets.
- Discounts and coupons
- Free Trials
- Mini Course Quizzes
3. Choose Your Platforms for Content Distribution
In this stage, you know about your ideal customers and what content to share. Now, you have to decide where to distribute your content. The content distribution is divided into two methods.
- Organic Distribution
- Paid Distribution
Organic channels are excellent for minimal budgets because they don’t require any paid advertising. Organic traffic, on the other hand, takes time, sometimes months. The organic distribution channels are:
- Search engines
It is not mandatory to use all of the platforms to distribute your content. You were already familiar with your audience based on that research. Pick a niche that suits you to generate leads.
In paid distribution, you must spend some funds on ads. However, you can get traffic quicker than with organic methods. The paid distribution channels are
- Social media ads
- Google Adwords
- Native ads
- Banner ads
4. Create a Content Plan
Now that you have finished creating everything up to this point, bind it. What would a solid content strategy look like? It details the content you’ll publish, who will publish it, how frequently you’ll post to your blog, how many days a week you’ll post, and how frequently you’ll use social media to promote your content.
5. Make an Attractive Lead Magnet
To be successful at generating leads, your lead magnet needs to be completely attractive to your customers.
A content upgrade is a piece of content that is made available to a page visitor and is pertinent to the information on the page.
6. Create Blog Posts That Convert More Leads
Every content marketing strategy needs a blog posting component. Writing a piece that is extremely effective can help you grow your audience and promote your lead magnet. Here are some of the characteristics of high-converting blogs:
- Long Form Content
- Educational Content
- Visuals Content
- Focus Keywords
- Internal and External Links
7. Improve Your Landing Pages
When you take into account the fact that the majority of single landing pages are developed specifically to gather leads, developing them without thorough optimization means you are essentially throwing away your leads. To ensure that your landing pages are optimized for high conversion, you should adhere to certain best practices.
Tips to Improve Your Landing Pages:
- Ensure that the visitors can see the call to action button.
- Conduct A/B tests.
- Remove the navigation bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What content type is mostly used for lead generation?
Research reports, videos, and social media content are the most used types of content to generate high-quality leads.
2. What are the four steps of the lead generation process?
– Identify your intended audience.
– Create relevant and engaging content.
– Increase traffic on various platforms.
– Converts visitors into customers.
3. What are the two types of lead generation?
Inbound and outbound lead generation are the two types of lead generation.
4. What are the four types of leads?
The four types of leads are hot leads, working leads, qualified leads, and nurturing leads.
To win the marketing battle, every marketer needs a great content marketing lead generation strategy. Now, you can try to generate more leads by using content marketing and increasing your brand’s visibility.