Content marketing outsourcing involves creating a content strategy and a content schedule and updating them as needed, search engine optimization, keeping an eye on your competition, co-marketing, generating reports, analyzing statistics, implementing updates to suit the new information, publishing, and so much more.
With ever-changing digital trends, content marketing is a significant part of overall marketing strategies for most businesses. To stay relevant in the industry, creating quality content and updating the existing ones is the need of the hour.
That being said, about 84% of organizations have hired external help for content creation at one time or another. Even if you have a dedicated in-house team, there are a lot of content pieces, and help from external agencies or writers is a great way to manage time and resources, and that is why content marketing outsourcing is an essential marketing strategy.
If you are still unsure about outsourcing your content marketing ventures, this post aims to help you understand its advantages. Let us first check out what content outsourcing is, then we will discuss the benefits of outsourcing and some tips to help you along the way.
What Is Content Marketing Outsourcing?
Content outsourcing is a cost-efficient and time-effective way to get the high-quality content you need for your brand. When you outsource your content creation or marketing process, you work with a freelance writer or a content marketing agency to get original content for your different marketing channels.
Generally, businesses that don’t have a dedicated content team, outsource the job to experienced writers or trusted agencies for a reasonable cost. Like any other outsourcing job, businesses share their requirements, and after reaching an agreement, writers provide the required content.
Benefits of Content Marketing Outsourcing
Content marketing is a powerful tool for a brand and it is becoming more and more popular as a way for businesses to generate leads and sales since it can help build authority and trust with potential customers.
However, with more and more businesses adopting this kind of marketing strategy, it is becoming increasingly important to outsource your content creation needs. Let’s now have a look at the benefits of content marketing outsourcing.
1. More Time for Other Business Activities
One of the most common reasons for outsourcing content creation is that businesses don’t have time to regularly research, write, and publish content pieces. Then you have to look at search engine optimization and promotion of the content on social media.
So, by outsourcing content marketing, you can focus on more important core business activities and marketing strategies. According to a survey by Deloitte, 59% of companies outsource to focus on core business functions.
Even if you have a dedicated content marketing team, you can outsource certain content pieces, such as regular blog posts and guest posts to allow your team to work on more important pieces and strategies.
2. Content Outsourcing Is Cheaper than Hiring a Full-Time Writer
If you employ a full-time writer, it can cost you tens of thousands of dollars each year. On the other hand, content marketing outsourcing for the content creation process is very cost-effective. You will pay only for the articles or content you want and nothing else.
You don’t have to worry about providing a laptop to the writer or a dedicated space to work. This can help you trim down the costs, which is great for businesses in the initial developmental phase.
3. Publish More Content Regularly
Even if you have a full-time content marketing team, there’s a limit to how much they can write daily because creating quality content is time-consuming. Therefore, it is not practical for full-time writers to generate content pieces for different marketing channels daily.
So, you will need more writers to frequently create and publish high-quality content. This is where content marketing outsourcing can significantly help you, as you can outsource as much content as you need at a reasonable cost.
4. Get Fresh Ideas & Viewpoints from Content Marketing Agencies
Businesses like to implement their views across their content. But, getting some fresh ideas from time to time can benefit your content marketing plan. You can introduce new freelance writers and agencies to see what they have in mind.
As freelance writers have worked with many other clients and brands, they have more exposure and experience to help you reach the top. Also, when you or your team are writing about the same subject day in and day out, you can use a pool of external content marketers. This way, you will be able to publish content without losing the spark.
5. Reach a Wider Audience
When you outsource your content to a content marketing agency, you can have them share your content and brand on their social networks and marketing channels. This can help you reach more audiences, which can boost brand awareness.
Even working with a group of freelance writers, they can help you research other blogs to guest post on. You can then publicize your content to grab the attention of more readers. This can help when it comes to getting backlinks, as well as quality traffic.
6. Experiment with Different Types of Content
Content marketing is not just creating blog posts and landing page content. It is way more than that, and you can outsource all of your different types of content to boost your SEO and increase engagement on social media.
Some popular types of content include social media posts, emails, e-books/guides, case studies, infographics, and videos. If you don’t have a dedicated graphic designer with you, you can easily outsource your requirements to a professional.
Tips to Keep in Mind While Outsourcing Content
Content marketing outsourcing is not a tedious job. With some simple points in mind, you can efficiently get high-quality content for your brand. Here are some of the things to remember.
- Decide whether you want to hire a content marketing agency or a freelancer. If you’re going to get some articles done weekly or monthly, then a freelancer might be a good option. But, if you want a team with a diverse set of skills to manage your content marketing, then an agency is the best choice.
- Be transparent about the requirements, expectations, deadlines, and costs. We hope this post gives you a better idea of what is content marketing outsourcing.
- Evaluate the quality of their past work. Before hiring, ask for some samples and look at the testimonials of their previous clients. Make sure that they have your industry experience and that it meets your standards.
- Be crystal clear when providing requirements and expectations. Suppose you are working with a freelancer or agency for the first time, layout your requirements beforehand. Provide them with sample articles to show them your expected quality. Also, provide them with a timeline and be clear about revisions to the submitted articles.
- Basically, create a content marketing calendar where you feed in details like the blog topics, the writer’s name, the number of words required, and a tentative completion date. Additionally, provide detailed writing instructions, if you are outsourcing your content.
- To ensure that it looks similar to your already published content, make a brand guidelines document and include details like font, style, formatting, layout, tone of voice, unique selling points, target audience, rules for using brand assets, phrases to use/avoid, and reference links.
- Be transparent about the requirements, expectations, deadlines, and costs.
- Constant communication is the key. Whether you have hired a freelance writer or are working in collaboration with an agency, communication is vital. Make sure to provide them with constructive feedback. If you want to let them know about the writing style that you expect, connect with them over a video call and explain things clearly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of outsourcing content creation?
1. Saving Costs with Useful Content Creation
2. Multitasking and Fast Turnaround Times
3. Experience and Expertise
4. Higher Return on Investment with Professional Content Creation
5. Maintain a Strong Content Marketing Strategy
What is the difference between Insourcing and outsourcing content?
There is no shortage of possibilities for outsourcing content creation. The writers will come to you if you join a writing platform, use LinkedIn to identify and employ specialty contract writers or pay an agency to handle all of the research.
In insourcing content, you may easily eliminate the risk of dependence on a third party by setting up a system for content development within your company.
Why outsource content marketing?
Whether outsourcing your content marketing is the best move for your company depends on its size, budget, and marketing requirements. Here are four justifications for outsourcing content marketing:
– Save money
– Save time
– Gain access to more talent
– Increase productivity
Content marketing is the most crucial marketing strategy to outshine and outrank your competitors in this digital world. So, it is important to have an outsourced team to help you with content creation and marketing ventures.
You and your team can focus on other essential business activities and strategies while cost-effectively getting quality content.
Content marketing can be used to inform, entertain, and sell to your customers. However, this is actually a massive undertaking, and there are a lot of moving parts involved.
You need to create highly valuable content, promote it, and analyze and adjust it as you go. If you don’t have the time or skill to manage all of the facts of content marketing, you should outsource it.
If you are looking for content marketing outsourcing, try our services. Follow our blogs to be updated on the latest news in the world of content marketing.